Monday 20 May 2013

[Review] Vichy Laboratories: Pureté Thermale Cleanser

Hi everyone! So this is going to be the official first post of my beauty blog "Mirror xOx Mirror"! Yay! Today's review is on Vichy Laboratories' Pureté Thermale One Step (3 in 1) Cleanser.


Overall rating:
Ability to remove makeup: 10/10
Moisturizing: 8/10
Price Range: $21 CAD
Finish: Slight sheen but no oily feeling

What it does:
It cleanses the face! Why 3 in 1? Because this product is a cleansing milk, toning lotion and eye make-up remover all in 1! It actually moisturizes too but for some reason they don't mention it in the name?

What it says on the Vichy website:
  • #1 cleanser in Canadian drugstores. 
  • Ultra-quick and practical cleanser for sensitive skin which perfectly cleanses and removes all traces of makeup.
  • Leaves skin feeling fresh, soft and soothed.
  • Tested on sensitive skin and eyes under dermatological and ophtalmological control
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Suitable for contact lens wearers
  • Made with soothing and fortifying Vichy Thermal Spa Water
  • Paraben-free
How it works:
Apply the cleanser with a cotton pad to your face and eyes and then wipe it off. No rinsing off afterwards.

Price: $20.95 CAD @ Shoppers Drugmart for the 200ml (the one in the pictures has the old packaging and is only available in Vichy kits)

Review:


What I like:
The Pureté Thermale essentially functions like face wipes. I've tried a few different brands (Josie Maran, Top Shop, YesTo) of face wipes and for some reason they all seem to sting my face. I don't have sensitive skin** so I'm not sure what it is in the wipes that's doing the stinging. This doesn't sting at all and leaves my face feeling moisturized and soft.

I've been using this cleanser on and off for 6 months. In particular, this was my go to cleanser for the winter since it wasn't as harsh as some of the other cleansers I had been alternating between. I also find that I don't actually need to apply extra moisturizer after use since the formula is moisturizing enough already. If you have really dry skin though, I'd put moisturizer on right after use.

I love that it's also able to take off my Majolica Majorca Lash Gorgeous Wing mascara (which is pretty water proof although it doesn't say water proof on the package). Normally only my oil based (Sephora, Holika Holika) makeup removers are strong enough to take the MJ mascara off.

Here's some pics of the Pureté Thermale in action on my foundation covered hand.


What I don't like:
Not much to say about what I don't like since this is one of my go to products. One thing I can say is that it's kind of messy if you're trying to take off a full face of makeup. Makeup does come off quickly with one swipe but putting this on a cotton pad and trying to evenly spread it around on the cotton pad before you put it on your face is a bit awkward. Using thicker cotton pads helps since the formula absorbs pretty quickly if you don't put it on your face fast enough.

Also if you're using thin cotton pads, you're going to end up using a lot of them. I normally use one Shisheido cotton pad for taking off my foundation and one more cotton pad for taking off my eye makeup.

Overall:
If you can deal with the awkward application method and have thicker cotton pads, I highly recommend this cleanser. I really love that it doesn't sting like facial wipes and leaves my skin moisturized and soft. It's also extremely convenient doing all the basic facial cleansing things in 1 move.


2 comments: