Sunday 5 January 2014

[Review] Inglot: Nail Enamel #970 (Pastel Collection)



Overall Rating: 
Longevity: 8/10 
Colour Pay off: 7/10 
Application: 10/10 
Price: $ 


I hauled a bunch of stuff from my NYC trip where I went to my first ever Inglot store in Times Square. It would have been an awesome experience had the sales girl not grabbed me two of the same colour lipstick >__> and since I was in a rush (it was the last day I was in NYC) I didn't end up checking until I got back to Canada. 

This is my first and only Inglot nail polish because I wasn't sure if I was allowed to bring these on the plane in the checked luggage. If my friend Kricket hadn't just been oogling the nail polish section and asked me for my opinion I probably wouldn't have gone near the nail polish since I was so pre-occupied trying to pick out lipstick colours for a palette :p 


What I like:
The texture is smooth and applies easily without clumping or getting air bubbles. The formula is also pretty pigmented for a pastel but you definitely need three coats in order to not see your nail underneath (see picture below; left to right layers 1-3 results). The nail polish is also true to colour when applied. The price is $12 CAD at Inglot, a little more than an OPI or Essie polish but still reasonable. The nail polish lasts on average about 4-5 days before it starts chipping when I don't use a base coat. It's also toluene, formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and camphor free which make it seem like this nail polish is healthier for my nails. 



What I don't Like: 
I normally only wear base coat if I know the nail polish stains. Since this was a pastel blue I didn't think it would. Unfortunately I was wrong. When I took off the nail polish there was a pale blue-ish tint on my nails. The blue-ish tint  was a bit weird because I've never used a pastel that stained my nails when I didn't use base coat. Removal of this weird tint was easy enough though. I just used a nail buffer (i have a cheap one from walmart) to buff out my nails, took a shower and BAM nails were good as new. I

I also don't like that I have to apply 3 layers to get the full colour payoff. If you're lazy or don't have the patience to apply three layers, don't get this polish.

Overall:
I think this polish was a pretty good buy since it's all those chemicals free similar to the Deborah Lippman and Butter London polishes but for 5-8$ less. Besides I really like the colour!

Tune in for more reviews! ahumbuggy out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment