Monday 15 July 2013

[Review] Bobbi Brown: Shimmer Brick in Bronze

Hi humbuggies! Last month I showed you a sneak peak of my beauty haul. I've finally gotten around to writing my review about this super gorgeous bronzer. Yay! for Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Bronze!
Overall rating:
Pigmentation: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Price: $46


 I've always been a fan of Bobbi Brown products (in fact the first blush & foundation I ever bought were BB) but I'd never tried any of her shimmer bricks. When I had the opportunity to pick up the Bronze and Rose shimmer bricks, I was totally down!


What it is:
According to the Bobbi Brown site, this is a "shimmering, brush-on powder that creates a deep, bronzy glow. Works well with neutral and deep blush shades". It's basically a bronzy blush.

How to use: 
Basically either use the colour stripes individually as eyeshadows or mix the colours together to use as a bronzer/highlighter.

Price: $45.68CAD @ Nordstrom (depends on the exchange rate the time), $49 CAD @ Holt Renfrew, Sephora, Bobbi Brown for 4 oz/10.3g

Review:

Individual Colour Stripes



What I like: 

I really love the colour of this bronzer/highlighter when it's blended together. The shimmery blended colour is perfect for giving the skin a nice glowy sun-kissed look in the summer. All I need is a few swipes of my brush to pick up the right amount of colour. Once blended, the shimmery colour is very eye-catching but not in an over powering kind of way. The shine comes off as a glow and isn't sparkly or glittery (so it's not weird for day-time wear). I had this on as a highlighter for at least 6 hours before it began to fade a bit.

What colours look like blended (in natural sunlight)

What colours look like blended (in doors)

What I dislike:

Although this is considered both a bronzer/highlighter combo, I'm not really a fan of using it as a bronzer for the hollows of my cheeks and anywhere I use bronzer for definition because of how shimmery it is(I prefer to stick to my Benefit Hoola for that). I also consider the price pretty high since I'm only using this as a highlighter. The fact that I can use the individual colours as eye shadows is a bonus. However, to be honest, when I do use them as shadows they seem to be too sheer for my liking in comparison to using actual shadows of the same colours. However, if i'm traveling light and I don't intend to wear too much make up i'll jsut bring this with me. 

Overall:
I doubt I'd repurchase this when I finish it since I normally don't use highlighters and the price tag is a bit too high for just a highlighter. But since I've already shelled out the money for it, I'm going to keep using it throughout the rest of the summer to add that extra sun-kissed glowyness to my makeup. ^o^

*Pricing Legend
 $: Less than 15 CAD, $$: Less than 35 CAD, $$$: Less than 45 CAD, $$$$: Less than 55 CAD










1 comment:

  1. I sorta want to buy this now... lol ... i should really just borrow yours.I think I would quite like the bronzey glow!

    ReplyDelete