Sunday 28 July 2013

[Review] Josie Maran: Bear Naked Nail Wipes (Limited Edition)

I've been using this for a few months and now I'm down to the very last wipe. Check out what I think after the jump! Also don't you just love the polar bears on the package? <3




Overall rating:
Wipe durability: 8/10
Ability to remove nail polish: 10/10
Price: $11CAD





So I got this as part of my Christmas present from two of my besties. It was in a kit that came with the Bear Naked face wipes too (review on the wipes to come).

What it is:
According to Sephora these are "Multitasking nail wipes formulated to remove nail polish, repair dry cuticles, and promoted healthy nails."

These wipes are supposed to smell like grapefruit but I think they just have a fresh citrusy scent rather than grapefruity. They are also supposed to be infused with Argan oil to help promote nail growth and moisturize cuticles.

How it works:
Use one cotton pad to remove nail polish from all 10 nails.


Price: $11 CAD @ Sephora and a portion of the proceeds from the sale of these wipes go to the Polar Bear SOS Initiative! 

Review

What I like:
There's nothing really special about these wipes but I do like them. They do a good job of removing the nail polish and my nails do seem to be conditioned after use. They also have a grapefruit/cirtus smell that is a refreshing change from normal nail polish remover chemical scent. The fact that the  wipes are also acetone free is a plus.

Nail wipes in action (two layers of solid nail polish)

What I dislike:
The formula in the wipes is pretty greasy (probs from the argan oil) so when you're removing the nail polish, by the time you're done your fingers are covered in it (see picture above).

Taking off nail polish without any add ons (sparkles/ fuzz) takes double the time (in comparison to regular nail polish remover) due to all the rubbing you have to do to in order to get to the nail polish layers under your top coat. If you have sparkles or fuzz on your nails it's going to take triple the time.

Nail wipes in action (fuzzy nail polish)
As for the durability of the wipes, when taking off sparkles, the wipes tend to get caught in the sparkles and tear up the wipes. The wipes do fare better with just nail polish and no sparkles but sometimes the wipes do end up getting stuck to the remaining nail polish on you nail while rubbing causing the wipes to fray a bit.

Price is a little bit on the high side when you compare it to the cost of a drug store remover. But then again, drug store removers don't have the argan oil in it to condition and moisturize your nails. There's also only 20 wipes which means only 20 uses per pack versus the 20+ times you can remove your nail polish with a 354ml bottle of drug store remover for approx. $6.

Overall:
If you're looking for a nail polish remover that also moisturizes and conditions your nail I'd say this is a very good option. If you're just looking for something that just takes off the nail polish quickly I'd pass on this. As for me, I'm not sure if i'll repurchase this again since I wasn't wowed by the product even though I did like it.






No comments:

Post a Comment