Thursday 26 September 2013

[Review] Khiel's: Creme de Corps

One of my all time favourite holy grail moisturizers!


Overall Rating: 
Skin Hydration: 10/10 
Finish: shiny and slightly oily but it goes away
Price: $12.50 - $87.00 CAD

Read on!

 
What it is: 
This is an all over body moisturizer. But here's the exact description according to the Khiel's website:

Superb All-Over Body Moisturizer of Superb Quality for extremely dry, or flaking skin. Enriched with the finest ingredients known to Kiehl's, for a rich, elegant skin texture. Continued use for 10 days will provide a skin texture heretofore unattainable. Qualité Internationale!

The bottles come in five different sizes: 75, 125, 250, 500ml or 1 litre. (I've got the 75ml and 250ml bottles in the picture below). 

Price: The prices range from $12.50 - 87.00 CAD on the Khiels Canada site.

What I like: 
There's no wonder that the creme de corps is a Khiel's bestseller. This stuff is amazing. It is one of the best body butter/moisturizer I have ever used and I've used quite a few (Bath & Body Works, Fruits & Passion, Body Shop, Skin Food, etc.). 



The formula is really good for dry skin. I've used it on my dry feet (from wearing flip flops all the time in the summer), on my dry legs (in the winter), on my hands as a hand creme and I even tried using it on my face a few times just to see how it'd turn out. lol The end result was always the same - soft and super moisturized skin. I don't recommend using it as a face moisturizer though since the finish is oily and you'd have instant shiny face >_<. It works though if you just need something to tide you over until you get a chance to buy an actual face moisturizer.

I also love that you don't need to use that much to get what you want moisturized. The amount in the picture is actually too much since it was just for my hands. I'd say half that and you've got the right amount. 

What I don't like: 
The packaging for the small size is ridiculous. The small bottle is made out of such a thick plastic that once you start running low on the moisturizer, it is really hard to get that leftover moisturizer out of the bottle. Once I had actually gotten halfway through the bottle I gave up and just transferred what I could by squeezing the remainder into the larger bottle that I have.

You can't actually tell how much I have left in the small bottle from the picture, but i'd say after I finished squeezing as much as I could into my bigger bottle, there's probably about a centimeter left in the small one. I'm probably going to end up having to saw (yes saw) the bottle in half with a knife since I don't have any scissors strong or sharp enough to cut through the thick plastic of the small bottle. GRRRRR Kheil's this isn't the first time i've experienced terrible packaging from  you. Seeriously get on that.

Another thing I don't like is the scent. It's kind of hard to describe...it's tolerable though, especially since the formula is so good. I wish they could make it unscented. 

Overall:
This is am amazing moisturizer. It is a bit on the pricey side, but it's doable. Everyone now and then Khiel's has a 20% off sale online so I completely suggest picking one of the larger jars up. Don't buy the smallest one. It's not worth the hassel or trying to dig the moisturizer out of the jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment